TAKEAWAYS – Life. Lessons. Learned. explores learning from the wisdom of others.
I am back with my co-host MARIANNA HUNNICUTT with KIMLEY HORN. In this episode, we recap our Takeaways from the NAIOP Southern Nevada February Program. The title was Land: Why Our Future Depends On It.
The panelists included:
- Michael Brown, Executive Director of the Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development
- Marci Henson, Director of the Clark County Department of Environment and Sustainability
- Rosemary Vassiliadis, Clark County Director of Aviation
This was the second part of a program series delving deeper into themes that surfaced from the Developer Roundtable in January. NAIOP Southern Nevada sponsored a land study to illustrate the economic impact of land availability in Southern Nevada. In the current legislative session, is a once in a generations land bill that is massive and complex.
What were some of the Takeaways?
• How does the aviation tie into economic development, and environmental | sustainability?
• Where does Las Vegas rank in economic diversification compared to Utah, Arizona, Colorado and Reno?
• How much land and where is it, that could be released in the federal lands bill?
I hope you enjoy!
You can find Takeaways at any of the links below:
Thank you for listening! Please subscribe to “TAKEAWAYS” on iTunes, and make sure to rate and review wherever you get your podcasts.
Brought to you by: